Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dreams and Dreaming

This poem is intended for an audience between the ages of 12 to 18. The purpose of this poem is not only to tell but also to help the reader visualize what the concept behind it is and make them feel like they are not only reading but also experiencing this given event.

As I lye here in my bed
Puffing up my pillow and scratching my head.

I close my eyes and hope to dream
About how tomorrow we could go buy ice cream

I fall into a deep deep sleep
Hoping these dreams in reality I could keep

It felt so real and tasted sweet
As I chowed down and moved to the music’s beat

I feel a nudge and hear a constant beep
So I open my eyes and take a leap

Hearing the alarm clocks ring
While in the background beautiful birds sing.

That dream was long and felt so real.
That I think I’ll eat some ice cream for my next meal:P

No comments:

Post a Comment