Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Natures Gift

This piece is intended for an audience of all ages. The purpose of this piece is to show the audience what may be going through a person’s mind as they stand on the edge of a cliff and watch as one of nature’s elements devours the rocks beneath them.

Amazing, beautiful, wonderful, surreal, astonishing, astounding. All those words put together couldn’t even come close to describing this amazing sight that I am blessed with before my eyes right now. Wow I still can’t believe my eyes. I guess its true when they say that nothing can even come close to the beauty that nature has to offer. Look at me; I’m standing four hundred feet above sea level on a small island. Surrounded by nothing but water. It feels like we are on top of the world. If I were to tell anyone that we came to this place by accident, they would never believe us. It’s funny, we never planned things to happen this way. We were sailing on our yacht enjoying the sun’s rays when this big wave swiped us towards this island. I can’t say we enjoyed the ride because it was quite bumpy and for a couple of minutes we thought that we would be consumed by the roaring waves of the never-ending ocean. Luckily for us our almost death experience turned out to become our greatest gift. As it turns out this island is inhabited by many small and peaceful tribes that came to our rescue right away and helped us get back on track. Not only did they nurture us back to full health but they also fixed our yacht and gave us directions on how to get back on the right path. Its for that very reason that we are standing up here right now. We just wanted to take one last look at nature’s beauty before we go back to our synthetic world that we call reality.

2 comments:

  1. great description Emil ! I really enjoyed the use of literary devices. Just make sure to take word verification off ...

    ReplyDelete