Thursday, February 19, 2009

Life of a Cell Phone:))

Day One:
Lying here early in the morning, just waiting for someone to come and turn me on. I’m feeling quite cold as I have not been in anyone’s pocket or hands for a good twelve hours. It’s not easy being a cell phone. You get used all the time. The only time people pay attention to you is when they need to call someone or someone is calling them. Other than that it’s just a short boring life. Just sitting here waiting for my battery to die but that doesn’t really madder because when my battery is low they just plug me into the outlet and watch as I get back up to 100 percent. Sometimes if I get lucky they find time to play games on me and send text messages. It’s quite fun while it lasts.

Day Two:
Lets just hope today is a lot better than yesterday. Since the family was out, they accidentally left me at home so all I did was just sit patiently on the living room table waiting for them to come. I even had a chance to have a decent conversation with the salt about which one of us does more harm to the human’s immune system. I got used a couple of times in the morning already and have been receiving quite a lot of texts. The dog already tried to grab me a couple of times (since I have a little key chain on the bottom which was hanging from the table). I’m just happy he couldn’t reach because if he had managed to grab me we may have had some problems.

Day Three:
Today was quite fun. I received a couple of long distance calls which meant that I got the chance to spend a lot of time with my owners. They used me for a good six hours today. Not only that but I was also the center of attention to some of my owners friends because he was showing off some of my features. I tried my hardest not to blush but I did flash once in a while. They were all pressing my buttons and trying me out. It was quite interesting actually as they were all amazed at a little gadget like me. I felt a little surge of happiness as they shot out compliment after compliment. After all that excitement I was really worn out so they had to connect me to the charger so I could be ready and fresh for the next day.

Day Four:
Today wasn’t a really pleasant day for me due to the fact that there was something wrong with the last text message that I received and it caused me to freeze a lot. My owner did not approve of this and therefore took me to the closest Best Buy to try and get me fixed. It wasn’t as pleasant as I thought it would be. Like I enjoy people touching me and pressing my buttons but the associates there had to open me up to see what was wrong. I felt so exposed. I was there for at least two hours and it actually felt like forever. They kept running some wires through me and poking me with a really small and sharp screw driver. I was extremely relived when it was all done. Although I didn’t enjoy when they opened me up, I now felt like a brand new cell phone. It was an amazing feeling to be back in my owners face afterwards and see him smiling at me once again as he started making calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment