Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Conversation with Johnny Depp

This piece is intendend for all audiences. Especially those that are Johnny Depp fans. The purpose of this piece is to presume what a famous person would be like if you could talk to them in person.

EK: Hey Johnny.

Johnny Depp: Hello.

EK: Hello. Now listen have you finished doing Pirates of the Caribbean now?

JD: Err, no we’re still working way, um we’ve taken a couple of little hiatuses, a couple of breaks, and err that were built into the schedule but we’re going to be shooting 2 for a little bit longer and then Pirates 3 we’ll be shooting up until probably the middle to end of next year.

EK: That’s really cool. So you’ll also still quite into music because I know you kind of famously hooked up with Oasis and I think Noel paid you a complement about you’re guitar playing.

JD: Oh yeah.

EK: was he right to do that?

JD: Well he was, he was, err, he was just being very, very sweet you know.

EK: He was being generous.

JD: I kind of plonked around on the guitar and, err, made some noise and, err, and you know they kept it on the record. Which was great honour for me. I got to, I got to play on two Oasis tracks.

EK: Yeah which is pretty good. Who else are you into at the moment band wise?

JD: Err, boy, I still, I still like, you know, I think, I like The Libertines very much.

EK: Oh totally.

JD: The Libertines are great. I also like the stuff I’m hearing, err, the Babyshambles stuff is really nice.

EK: Yeah very good. Do you actually get to go to gigs at all?

JD: Err, I got to go to, err, a Stones gig actually.

EK: Oh wow. What was it like?

JD: Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

EK: That’s good. You’re children aren’t of gig going age yet are they? Do you take them along?

JD: Oh my kiddies, you know, my kiddies have been going to concerts since, literally my boy Jack went to, err, a Bob Dylan concert when he was three weeks old.

EK. Wow.

JD: So yeah, they’re pretty well versed.

EK: What do they make of you when they see you on films and on screen. Are they aware yet of what you do and who you are? To them your dad obviously.

JD. Yeah. To them, I’m you know, I’m just papa, you know, but, err, to them it’s normal. It’s just sort of oh yeah there’s dad on TV or there’s dad’s movie or whatever, you know, it’s not a big deal to them.

EK: But doing something like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

JD: That was, err, it was a frightening moment because more than anything, being worried about anything else in terms of, you know, reviews being harsh or critical, you know, of my performance I wasn’t partially worried about. I was worried about my kids reaction to my version of Willy Wonka and I was happily kind of surprised when they came back from seeing the film and start quoting Wonka, you know. My son, my three year old, came in and went “You’re really weird”. (Laughs).

EK: I know what you mean Johnny but its getting pretty late. Thank you very much for making some time to talk.

JD: Not at all Emil, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment